Tuesday, August 21, 2012
I am boxing in the side frontal area to stiffen up the body
finished look of boxed in area
I didn't like the feel of the tiller steering that I had. I went back to under seat steering. It turn out that I have enough room for it and it feels much more stable on corners. You have a lot more leverage with under seat than you do with tiller steering.
Friday, August 17, 2012
I am making support rods out of coroplast. On the left is the material for the rod itself. On the right is the filler for the center
Front supports in place
Rear supports in place. The idea here is to get support all the way to the bottom of the side by attaching to the metal frame
Monday, August 13, 2012
Sunday, August 12, 2012
Added an extension on the front of the trike to mount the velomobile body framework. I created 2 jigs out of coroplast to set the ground clearance.
These 2 pictures show how tiller steering was added.
Tiller steering is movable to get in and out and is positioned in the center to allow your arms to be in tighter for a more streamlined body.
Continuing with the frame
Tuesday, June 26, 2012
I am starting a new velomobile. The last one I built had alot of straight lines and angles. The new one is going to be curved whereever possible and very streamlined. The wheels will be under the fairing. Here is a rough artists conception of what I am shooting for.
Sunday, June 24, 2012
Tuesday, March 13, 2012
It is warming up in Texas and I have my velo sealed up so well I am not getting any breeze. I looked at my top visor and it kind of looks like a scoop so I drilled 3 big holes to let some air through. That wasn't enough so I designed an air deflector down by the road. I am holding it in place with tape for testing and will probably put in Velcro to allow adjustment