Wednesday, December 21, 2011
I was looking at my velomobile from the back and it seems so wide. I realized that I have too much overlap over the wheels. They are 2" in from the side of the body. I looked at pictures of other VMs and the wheels are flush. So I cut 2" out of the side of the body and now it looks like this.
I found that coroplast can be used to make a circle drawing tool.
Saturday, December 17, 2011
I needed a couple jigs to make sure the bottom of the panels are exactly 6" so I used some scrap coroplast and a hot glue gun to make some
This picture shows the alignment rod and hole. When you get in the velomobile and pull the top down you know it it centered and in place when you hear it drop in place
I worked on an interior panel that will keep the side lined up and provide strength
Friday, December 16, 2011
Thursday, December 15, 2011
The plastic panels are attached with zip ties. This picture shows the invisible method. You insert the zip tie through the end and have it come out one side only
This is what it looks like with zip ties tightened up
The top, nose and back are done
I put the carboard patterns back on to see what it will look like
Wednesday, December 14, 2011
Monday, December 12, 2011
Friday, December 9, 2011
Wednesday, December 7, 2011
I have added a tube for mounting the shell. This is the same trike that was pictured before painted black. I repainted it orange and removed the electrics an put them in a sister trike.
I have added a nose mount for the velo
another shot of the nose mount